Thursday, October 6, 2011

Professional Development Plan (PDP)

Post 5: Complete PDP

Professional Development Plan (PDP)

Mission: To live a life full of fun, laughter, free of financial worries surrounded by the ones I love. All while financing my day to day activities by a career that I enjoy going to rather than dread going to.

Personal values: Family time, good friends, financial stability, a good meal, a home, love, nature, a good pair of tennis shoes, freedom of speech, and learning/education.

Strengths: I like to work to get things completed; I have a desire to help others; quick learner; both a team leader and a team player.

Weaknesses:  I take my time doing projects; I tend to be the quiet type.  

Goals:
Short term: Pass all my classes with A’s; get an internship for the summer 2012; create a course pan to graduate in December 2012; get information on Grad schools; be able to make up my mind in a timely manner.

Middle term: Graduate from UW-Stout with a degree in Applied Science-Biotechnology; visit some grad schools; go on a vacation somewhere nice- Las Vegas, California, France, Germany.

Long term: Obtain a position at a quality company to gain some science experience; get married; buy a house in a good neighborhood; have a family

What do I need to do to achieve those goals?:
-Study efficiently, talk with professors if I have questions, and complete homework ahead of time.
-Use stout career link to find an internship for the summer, and attend how to find a co-op seminars put on my career services.
-Use Access stout to make my course schedule, complete a degree audit
-Search grad school websites and request information
-Practice making quick decisions on less important issues-such as what to eat for dinner, what movies to watch, or where I want to go for the weekend.
-Network with companies
-Look up grad school preview days and get connected to visit
-Get a passport and save up some money for a vacation

Timeline for the goals:
-Study every day for at least 4 hours
-Find a summer internship by December 2011
-Apply for 2-3 internships by December 2011
-Attend a co-op seminar by Middle of November 2011
-Visit some grad schools by December of 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment