Wednesday, November 9, 2011

5S process

Blog Post 12: 5S process

Post a record of a 5S process that you have completed. Post a before and after picture. Also, post a short narrative of how you addressed each of the "8s's" of the 5S process. Due Nov 11.

As a part of my 5S process I cleaned and organized my storage/dresser space so that way it was easier to use and was easier to find items.

Before:
 After:


The basic 5s's:
sorting: I went through my desktop and floor space and removed and put away all unnecessary items that are not needed right now-ex the fan in the winter.
straightening:I placed everything in its appropriate place or in this case drawer/filing area.
systematic cleaning: I made sure and dusted the counter off and made sure the floor was clear of dirt/dust.
standardizing: All electronics/school supplies/etc. are all in the correct drawer and white board pens are always on the top of the dressers for ease of use with the whiteboard.
sustaining. I will make sure and not do the "drop and go" approach when new mail or paperwork arrives and also I will make sure and put away materials after I use them.

The extra 3s's:
safety: I no longer have a fan or paper work on the floor to trip over.
security: The important documents are now filed in a safe and secure place
satisfaction: I feel I have completed a job well done and may use this process in other areas that may need tidying up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment